Jul 30, 2012

In six hours I am getting on the plane to go for (probably) the most challenging journey of my life

In six hours I am getting on the plane to go for (probably) the most challenging journey of my life –my mission. INDIA is the country I am going to. Gonna spend six amazing weeks in Kerala doing my volunteer vet work at the Kerala Animal Rescue centre.
How do I feel? Wel…excited, overjoyed, curious, thrilled BUT at the same time a bit scared, a bit worried and maybe a bit nervous BUT, again, ready for this incredible experience and adventure.
I call this MY MISSION because I am not just going there for holiday….I will be able to help animals and be part of the animal rescue team over there…and that makes me feel SOOO good. If I am lucky I might treat some elephants too ;) OMG!!!
But of course in my spare time I will try to travel around as much as possible, and see as much as possible…That is India – different culture, different people - other world– that is definitely worth exploring.
I have given myself this chance to go there – I have been planning and waiting for this for a long time and here I am – 30th of July – starting day of my trip. I cannot still believe that this is happening.
 
Last 10 month have probably been the most difficult time of my life…so much has happened…so much sadness, sorrow , grief and so many tears cried out …I am so tired of that…which is why I TRULY hope and I TRULY believe that next 6 weeks will give me some positive emotions and experience. Maybe THIS is the day when my crying is done and I am gonna wear a smile and walk in the sun. Despite many people saying: “You, crazy girl!!!!” – I will go and face the UNKNOWN India. And why not be CRAZY sometimes! That is what makes our journey of life more colourful!
So keep your fingers crossed for me, guys! Riga – Kiev, Kiev – Delhi, Delhi – Kochi, Kochi – Trivandrum – and I should arrive to my destination on 31st of July at 10.30 am( local time) ( around 8 am Riga time)
However – I will keep you updated here at FB…will try and write some brief everyday notes here. So stay tuned….

I am READY…!
God Bless me!!!!

xoxoxo
 

No comments: